About 60 people gathered for a party to celebrate Graham’s time at St James – and wish him and his family all the best with their move to Perth – on the evening of 06 February 2016.
Charles was master of ceremonies for the evening, which included:
- a medley of Burns’ songs and airs, played / sung by Clare, Maureen and Rosemary
- ceilidh dancing
- community singing led by the Praise Group
- performance of the song our young praise band “The Prospects” had written for Graham (“I Will Walk 100 Miles”)
- performance of two fiddle tunes our musical director, Katherine, had composed for Graham and Jane (Rev. Graham Crawford’s Railway Reel; and Dr Jane Crawford’s Jig)
- speeches (you can read the text of Jean’s speech here)
- presentation of gifts to Graham and Jane from the congregation
- performance of another of Katherine’s musical compositions – this one, setting to music the traditional “Irish Blessing”
- Auld Lang Syne
Thank you to the numerous people who were involved in organising the evening, both beforehand and on the night. Everyone had a great time.
Here’s a selection of photographs to give you a flavour of what happened: